As from January 2017, teachers who are yet to register with the TSC will not be assigned classes. The ministry of education in December of 2016 released a directive all county commissioners to make sure that only the qualified teachers are assigned teaching duties in all public schools.
A qualified teacher, in this case, is one recognized by the Teachers’ Service Commission (TSC) and has a valid certificate.
Furthermore, TSC Act 2012 Article 237 requires that every trained teacher should be registered by the Teachers Service Commission before they can be assigned duties in any school, both private and public.
This means that you won’t have a chance in the education sector if you are not registered. But this should not make you shy away.
Why? Because in this article, I will show you step by step how to apply for the TSC number and get it within 30 days.
Before that, there are some few things to note;
- TSC doesn’t accept any application made manually. Meaning everything is done online.
- You are required to fill in all the required information.
- Do not provide any false information, and you may land in jail for 12 months or fine of not less than Ksh. 100,000 or even both if found guilty.
To start the application process, scan the originals (not photocopies) of the following documents to make the uploading process easier.
- All the academic certificates; Primary, Secondary, college or University
- College/University transcripts
- Your photo (passport size)
- Banking slip of a non-refundable registration fee (Kshs 1055 and Kshs 2055 for Duplicate certificate) to be deposited in the following TSC Registration Accounts National Bank of Kenya (for Direct Banking, account number is 01001000905001, or for Simple Banking use this Pay Bill Business Number 625625).
Note that without the payment, your certificate will not be processed.
After you are sure you got all the necessary documents, go to (www.teachersonline.go.ke/Regintro.aspx ) and begin your application process.
The application process is easy, and anytime you feel stuck, save your progress to come and continue later.